A Chance for Life COVID Statement
COVID-19 continues to be an ongoing concern for A Chance for Life and the vulnerable clients we care for.
It is our duty as health and care providers to ensure that we are doing as much as possible to protect our clients.
Although other public sector are easing restrictions from the 27 January 2022, we will continue to follow the guidance and recommendations set out in the “Infection Prevention and Control for seasonal respiratory infections in health and care settings (including SARS-CoV-2) for winter 2021 to 2022”.
- Our Staff will continue to use face masks within health and care settings including client’s residences over the winter period. This will be reviewed in April 2022.
- Clients who are not medically exempt will continue to be required to wear face masks when attending appointments or treatment in a healthcare setting.
- Our Staff will continue to wear full PPE (mask, gloves, apron and eye protection) when performing personal care. This guidance will not change as it has always been expected that staff wear PPE when performing personal care.
- Physical distancing should be at least 1 metre, increasing whenever feasible to 2 metres across all health and care settings, including clients’ residences.
- Physical distancing should remain at 2 metres where patients with suspected or confirmed respiratory infection are being cared for or managed.
- We will continue with regular hand washing/sanitation.
- We will continue with regular cleaning/sanitation of high touch areas (including door handles, light switches, taps, kettle etc.).
- We will continue to test for COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) will continue over the winter period, including weekly PCR testing and follow LFT testing where required.
- Our Staff will continue to undertake risk assessments using the hierarchy of controls which include an evaluation of the ventilation in the area, operational capacity, physical distancing and prevalence of COVID-19.
- Our Staff will continue to complete COVID-19 symptoms questionnaires and take temperatures as required.
Visiting our Head Office?
We continue to have a number of controls in place at our Penrith Office to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors. Some things you may need to be aware of:
- We ask that everyone continue to be aware of physical distancing, staying at least 1 metre apart from others within the office, increasing to 2 metres where feasible.
- You will be asked to complete a COVID-19 symptoms questionnaire ahead of your visit, or if you visit on short notice, this will be given to you at reception.
- We ask that all staff and visitors use an electronic head thermometer upon arrival.
- We ask that all staff and visitors continue to wear a face mask within the office unless medically exempt.
- We have a number of hand washing and sanitation areas on site.
- We continue to undertake twice-daily cleaning and sanitation of high touch areas beyond our usual weekly cleaning schedule.